Useful Links to Other Sites
Our approach to external links
Benfleet Community Archive (BCA) includes links to both internal (BCA) pages and external (non-BCA) websites. We select links that are editorially relevant to the content they are linking from and are suitable for the likely audience.
These links are included for a number of reasons, including:
- for further relevant information or other key source material
- for background information
- for useful practical information
- for entertainment or enjoyment
- for further informed comment
We do not link to external sites in return for cash, services or any other consideration in kind.
We link to sites purely on editorial merit. These will most often be free to access, but users may sometimes be asked to register or subscribe before viewing content.
The BCA team selects links and evaluates websites on the basis of editorial relevance.
Links to external websites
External links are selected and reviewed when the page is published. However, the BCA is not responsible for the content of external websites. This is because:
- the BCA does not produce them or maintain/update them
- the BCA cannot change them
- they can be changed without the BCA’s knowledge or agreement.
- Some of our external links may be to websites which also offer commercial services, such as online purchases.
The inclusion of a link to an external website from benfleethistory.org.uk should not be understood to be an endorsement of that website or the site’s owners (or their products/services).
Links to user generated material
Some of the content we link to is generated by members of the public (video sharing sites for example). The views expressed are those of the public and unless specifically stated are not those of the BCA. If you consider this content to be in breach of the house rules as indicated on the website, please alert the moderators or site owners on the sites where the material appears.