Two Generations of the Phillips family as Landlords at The Hoy
Memories from the landlord's granddaughter 1917 - 1959
The Phillips family ran The Hoy public house from 1917 when John William Phillips took over the tenancy. In the 1930’s renovations to the rear of The Hoy were under taken. His wife Ann (known as Annie) Phillips became landlady after his death in 1933.
When the tenancy became too much for her in 1938, her son John George Henry (known as Harry) Phillips took on The Hoy until he retired in 1959.