Benfleet Yacht Club towed away
The 1840 Light Ship being towed away in 1984
In 1948 the Benfleet Yacht Club bought a 1840 Light Ship to be their headquarters and club. In 1984 they completed the construction of their current club and sold the old ship on. This video is from the Marrison family archive and shows the ship leaving its old moorings.