This house used to occupy where 77 and 73 Kents Hill Road now stand. This house was called ‘Lamorna’, it was named after a small cove near Penzance in Cornwall. It stood in three plots, each 20 feet wide, the land was bought by Herbert Hare (the grandfather of Roger Hare) in 1921 to build this house.
At this time there were only 12 properties in Kents Hill Road and the plots backed on to orchards, many of the trees can still be seen in people’s gardens today. At the rear of the property was a right of way, it used to run down to the High Road, several of the home owners have claimed it but the gap of a metre wide can still be seen in several places.
This house was demolished in January 1972 by Roger and Jude Hare and replaced by two modern detached houses.